Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Have Confidence

a post from Jeff


Another season of NYC Public High School Arts audition preparation is upon us!

A group of 9 eager RBKid's eighth graders have been busy since September

learning Monologues and Songs...some a cappella.

In preparation for their big auditions, this November.


For some of them it is their very first audition.

A daunting experience, to say the least.

They work on making it look natural and easy.


Selections include:

"Our Town"

"Voices from High School"

"I Have Confidence"

"Kickin' The Clouds Away"

"Brighton Beach Memoirs"


They learn to breathe...

Be themselves

Enter the room

Stand still

Stop fidgeting

Be polite

Say their names clearly

Take their time

Find their pitch

Trust their impulses, and

Rely on their hours of preparation and practice.


Every year hundreds of New York City public school students audition,

and only a select few make it into a Performing Arts HS.

RBKids have a 100% placement percentage.

We are proud of this accomplishment.

So are the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember my kids and I waiting to hear if they were accepted into their chosen high school. I told them and I would tell these 9 students to relax and be confident. You were well prepared :)
Please share the news with us!