Friday, June 27, 2008

The End of the Beginning...

a post from Laura

As my first week as an intern with RBKids comes to an end, I am so looking forward to what lies ahead in the weeks to come! I came here after literally years of contact with the organization, and am so excited with the outcome. I wasn't sure of what to expect, but so far, it is above and beyond any expectations I could have had.

A few of the kids have come in for fitting and different things, and you can just feel the energy and excitement that this program brings to them. I can't wait to start working with them one-on-one. I know each of us interns feels like we already know them after getting their dance bags ready over the past couple days.

What a wonderful start to what looks to be an incredible summer, and amazing experience.

1 comment:

Petra said...

I can feel the excitement in reading your post, Laura! As a child, I went to ballet summer camp, and just remember the anticipation and excitement at getting ready and arriving at the first class to greet familiar faces and meet new ones. I know the RBKids are going to make lasting friendships and memories. I applaud you all in the work you do.

: ) P