Monday, August 4, 2008

Fan Mail

After seeing the kids perform last week, one of our biggest fans sent us this review of the show...


Dear Lori,

I walked around today after the RBK performance and found myself so moved by the show that I knew I had to sit down and write you. It is-I unabashedly admit-a fan letter.

I always enjoy any RBK performance. I so admire the incredibly hands on work you do with the kids, the many gifts you give them, the way you guide them to become better performers, better students, better people. Today's performance, I think, was such a glorious coming together of the talent they have as well as the people these kids are. A new high for RBK, it was-simply put-wonderful. Many words come to mind....simple, honest, sung, danced and acted beautifully. It was wonderful to see the newer kids (so talented!) and I (of course) LOVE that the Nothing Will Ever Be The Same originated from a writing workshop. Bravo! And so brave!

So I'm raising a glass to you and the RBK staff today. Cheers to you for the work you do. Cheers to both the work that performs onstage and the personal work that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. I admire your entire staff.

And cheers also to the kids. Their bravery as they strive to find themselves serves as a source of inspiration to everyone who has the good fortune to see them. Their truth telling, and their ability to remind us all how difficult it is to be that age, is a gift. This was not just a cute show with kids in it-it was a wonderful and moving piece of theater that I would have paid top dollar to see. Please pass along my praise and bravos.

Congratulations,

Sharon Wheatley
Founding member of The Rosie's Broadway Kid's Fan Club. (Let's face it-I'm a groupie. And proud of it.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love them all!

All will be on BROADWAY*****


SMILE'S

Love seeing the picture's

Anonymous said...

I don't know where else to put this. I miss Rosie so much!!!!

Anonymous said...

Rosie,
I will always be a cheerleader for you and all the amazingly positively generous things that you do for people, especially children. I watched you on Rachel Ray and was quite nostalgic as I miss you on day time T.V. My son is quite musically gifted and he attends The Manhattan School for Arts and Academics in East Harlem. A gifted school that focuses on high academic acievement as well as the arts. This middle school is blessed to have a jazz band and a concert band as well as theatre productions. The school is in desparate need of a sound board and sound equipment. Do you have any recommendations? There's been a major budget cut.We've been trying to raise money but it's not enough. We need help. Maybe you can come and visit the school this fall. Please let me know.I love for real on purpose.
Peace