Monday, July 14, 2008

Proud of Them


a post from Lori
BLOG
Pronunciation:
\ˈblo'g, ˈbläg\
Etymology:
short for Weblog
: a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also : the contents of such a site

Well here I go, my very first blog entry ever, anywhere! So glad you are all here for the big occasion!

I spent the week going back and forth between our two locations. (Can’t wait for the building to open, where we can be under one roof.) Seeing our newest group of students, 35 strong, exhausted, exhilarated, striving, courageous, totally courageous. Pure flame this group, burning bright and strong. Beautiful Malik saying to me “I have never worked this hard, or been so tired, but I love it! I’m not giving up.”

Then head downtown to watch our oldest of students. I listen to the opening song of the musical that they will perform in three short weeks. I know each voice, each student, every story. I know them so well. And they know me well too. When they finish singing, they all look over, have they done it? Yes, I can’t contain them, the tears. They beam with pride; my beautiful, wonderful students know they have made me happy. Onward.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww


what a warm loving feeling~

just wonderful****


:)

making a wonderful difference in their lives!

I love song and dance!

:)
KEEP DANCING~

Tareake said...

You guys are amazing. I am so grateful to be in this program and to have amazing talented teachers teach me and see me grow. Rosie's Broadway Kids is the best.

Tareake Ramos

Tareake said...

Rosie's Broadway Kids Staff is amazing. I am so grateful to work with talented teachers and to be in a program that is j ust full of love. Everytime i have a bad day at school and it's the day that I have Rosie's I walk into that door and I just turn into happy mode becuse you can just feel the love from the teachers and the students. You guys are amazing. Rosie's Broadway Kids is the best. We are just a big family.